FOR THE DISTRIBUTION OF PLACES IN THE STUDENTS’ HOUSE FOR STUDENTS OF THE ENGLISH DIVISION AND 2nd FACULTY OF MEDICAL UNIVERSITY IN WARSAW.
3. a/ Newly admitted students have priority in the distribution of places in the Students’ House.
1. Places in the Students House are allotted for the period of an academic year, holidays and other breaks included.
2. The price for a place in a double room is € 150 and in a single room - € 250.00 for one month.
Rules of the distribution of places in the Students’ House
b/ Further, places will be allotted to students currently living in the Students’ House and then to remaining students.
c/ The date of receipt of the application and reservation of a place from the beginning of the academic year decide on the allotment of a place in the Students’ House.
4. A person applying for a place in the Students’ House should present by 15 August of a given year to the Dean’s Office of the English Division an application for the allotment of a place together with a receipt of a prepayment for the place to the amount of an equivalent of payment for two full months ( 500,00 euro for a single room and 300,00 euro for a place in a double room) and, in case of students already residing, a certificate issued by the Manager of the Students’ House and confirming lack of outstanding liabilities for the previous academic year.
5. The payment for renting a place in the Students’ House should be made to the account of the Medical University in Warsaw:
Bank BPH S.A.
1 Jasna Street
No 50 1060 0076 0000 3210 0006 9902
Swift code: BPH KPL PK
6. Places are allotted according to the rules specified in Items 3 and 4 above by a commission appointed on a motion of the Dean of the 2nd Faculty of Medicine by 5 September of a given year.
The Dean’s Office presents a copy of the list of people (together with their student record book numbers) who have been allotted places in single and double rooms, signed by members of the commission, to the Students’ Living Matters Section and to the Finance Office of the Medical University, specifying the date from which the place is given.
7. A student who has not been allotted a place in the Students’ House shall get a written notification of the commission’s decision and a refund of the amount paid in to the account indicated by them within 14 days of the receipt of the list by the Finance Office.
8. A student has the right to appeal against the decision refusing him an allotment of a place in the Students’ House to the Dean of the 2nd Faculty of Medicine within 7 days from its receipt. The Dean’s decision can be appealed against to the Deputy Rector for Teaching and Education within 14 days from the receipt of the decision. The decision of the Deputy Rector for Teaching and Education is final.
Charges for residence in the Students’ House
9. The amount of the prepayment constitutes payment for the first two months of residence in the Students’ House, counting from the date indicated in the application. This amount shall not be refunded. The Dean of the 2nd Faculty of Medicine can make a decision to refund the payment in case of a documented extraordinary event.
10. Payment for the remaining full months of the 1st semester should be made by 1 December of a given academic year. Payments for the 2nd semester should be made by 1 February of a given academic year. Payment for each day of residence over a full month is 1/30 of the monthly amount rounded up to full euros, payable as indicated for the 1st and 2nd semester.
11. The student shall present immediately the receipt of the payment made to the administration of the Students’ House.
12. In case a student leaves the lodgings ahead of time, he shall be refunded the difference of the amount. After deduction of the payment for the period of the student’s stay in the Students’ House, the provisions of Item 9 being taken into account.
13. In case a student fails to make a relevant payment, the student shall leave the room within 7 days from the dates specified in Item 10.
14. Receivables in virtue of payments for residence in the Students’ House can be compensated from the tuition fee payments. Decisions in this respect are made by the Dean of the 2nd Faculty of Medicine
15. Any changes concerning payment for residence in the Students’ House for a subsequent academic year shall be determined by the University not later than 6 months before the commencement of a new academic year.
Observance of the principles of residence in the Students’ House
16. A student shall observe the Rules of Residence constituting an integral part of these Rules and maintain order in the room.
17. A student residing in a single room shall be fully liable for any damage to property stated in the room while students residing in a double room shall be jointly liable for the damage referred to unless there is evidence to the obvious guilt of one of them.
18. The Dean has the right to expel a student from the Students’ House on a written motion of the manager of the Students’ House and the Residents’ Council in case of an outright violation by the student of the Rules of Residence in the Students’ House.
19. In case of a controversy between a student and the management of the Students’ House which fails to be solved in an amicable way, this controversy shall be presented for settlement to the Dean. The decision of the Dean can be appealed against to the Deputy Rector for Teaching and Education. The decision of the Deputy Rector for Teaching and Education is final.
20. A student from a non-European Union country and/or EFTA-country shall present to the manager of the Students’ House on checking in a valid visa or a temporary residence card. A student cannot check in the Students’ House without presenting this document.
21. The validity of a visa or a temporary residence card must cover the whole period of residence in the Students’ House.